How to become an SEO Specialist
What Is SEO?
SEO is the process of increasing a website or webpages visibility on search engines through backlinking, on-page and off-page SEO, increasing the business online reputation and profile, citations (business listings), page loading times, mobile responsiveness and much more. All these elements can be learnt through testing and experimentation.
SEO Specialists: Personal requirements
- Excellent technical skills in website construction
- Passion for internet marketing and the internet
- Patience, attention to detail
- Good communication skills
For SEO Specialists, Training & Education
SEO specialists can work without any formal education. The job will likely require some training. Qualifications may make it easier to get into this occupation. An SEO specialist can be trained in advertising, marketing, communications, computing and IT.
A specialist in SEO combines many skills that aren’t available in a vocational program. This means you will have to learn them all yourself. It is important to be passionate about the field. SEO is still a new field and there are many changes in the industry every month. Specialists need to keep up to date with all developments as well as to conduct their own research.
The Duties and Tasks of a Search Engine Optimisation Specialist
- Optimise website functions for better search engine crawling
- To speed up page loading times, reduce image sizes
- Research and insights are key factors in planning keyword strategies
- Use the keywords and phrases in your content, or have it written by someone else
- Outreach to create a link profile that will help with ranking results
- Keep an eye on rankings to identify opportunities and make adjustments
- Optimise metadata based on best practice guidelines
- Keep up-to-date on the latest developments and ranking techniques
Working conditions for an SEO Specialist
SEO specialists can work as both in-house experts for companies in every industry or freelancers. The candidates must have keen analytics and an eye for detail. Excellent research techniques and a willingness to learn.
Employment Opportunities for an SEO Specialist
Companies that produce or distribute industrial or consumer goods or private business services may employ SEO specialists. They can also be employed in marketing, promotion, insurance, and banking organizations. Government departments and businesses are increasingly employing SEO specialists.
They will be responsible for a variety of search marketing aspects, including SEO and Pay Per Click (PPC), outreach and site analytics. You can also find freelancing opportunities and contract work.
An SEO specialist is responsible for improving the search engine rankings of websites. These specialists often work in a team that focuses on digital marketing and develop strategies that address all aspects of content, including off-site and on-site ranking factors.
SEO Specialist Salary
The salary of an SEO consultant can range according to experience, skills, employer and many other factors. Most salaries are given based on proven recent experience and the ability to show this through a portfolio of proven results.
Looking for Work?
To become an SEO specialist in Australia search through major employment websites such as Seek.com.au